Statement of ethos and values
The Curriculum we offer to children at Vallis First School is intended to develop the whole child; socially, emotionally, physically, spiritually and intellectually and to provide the basic skills needed for life and work. We aim to develop enquiring minds and a spirit of curiosity and the skills to work independently and as a team. In particular the curriculum seeks:
- to help pupils gain respect for moral and religious values as well as developing an acceptance and understanding of other races, religions and ways of life.
- to encourage the children to widen their use of language, both written and spoken.
- to help pupils to develop their mathematical skills and to apply those effectively.
- to develop an interest in science, technology and the natural world.
- to encourage children to express themselves through music, drama, a variety of arts and crafts and develop the necessary skills in these areas.
- to impart to children an understanding of history and geography and of the environment in which they live.
- to help children develop physical co-ordination and confidence.
- to teach children a sense of responsibility for themselves and their community, our nation, the environment and value and respect for each other.
- to encourage children’s awareness of how to value and care for themselves and live a healthy lifestyle.
Notifications for Parents/Carers
The current school menu states that we come back on week 1. This is incorrect, please see new dates on the new menu uploaded today. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause. Please come to the School Office if you would like a hard copy of the menu. Thank you.