Statement of ethos and values
The Curriculum we offer to children at Vallis First School is intended to develop the whole child; socially, emotionally, physically, spiritually and intellectually and to provide the basic skills needed for life and work. We aim to develop enquiring minds and a spirit of curiosity and the skills to work independently and as a team. In particular the curriculum seeks:
- to help pupils gain respect for moral and religious values as well as developing an acceptance and understanding of other races, religions and ways of life.
- to encourage the children to widen their use of language, both written and spoken.
- to help pupils to develop their mathematical skills and to apply those effectively.
- to develop an interest in science, technology and the natural world.
- to encourage children to express themselves through music, drama, a variety of arts and crafts and develop the necessary skills in these areas.
- to impart to children an understanding of history and geography and of the environment in which they live.
- to help children develop physical co-ordination and confidence.
- to teach children a sense of responsibility for themselves and their community, our nation, the environment and value and respect for each other.
- to encourage children’s awareness of how to value and care for themselves and live a healthy lifestyle.
Notifications for Parents/Carers
After School Childcare Provision will start after half term and will take place in our Community Room each day from 3-6pm. As well as being able to offer parents play based after school care, your child will be able to explore a wide range of indoor and outdoor play opportunities. Register and book a place for your child by simply going to: www.childplayclub.co.uk You can make bookings at your convenience, make extra bookings and check your payments. Alternatively, you can pick up a registration form from the School Office.