Teaching and Learning
The Internet is an essential element in 21st century life for education, business and social interaction. The school has a duty to provide students with quality Internet access as part of their learning experience. Internet use is a part of the statutory curriculum and a necessary tool for staff and pupils.
- The school Internet access will be designed expressly for pupil use and will include filtering appropriate to the age of pupils.
- Pupils will be taught what Internet use is acceptable and what is not and given clear objectives for Internet use.
- Pupils will be educated in the effective use of the Internet in research, including the skills of knowledge location, retrieval and evaluation.
- The school will ensure pupils have a good understanding of research skills and the need to avoid plagiarism and uphold copyright regulations acknowledging sources of information used.
- Pupils will be taught to be critically aware of the materials they read and shown how to validate information before accepting its accuracy.
We subscribe to Safer Internet Day every year.