Teaching and Learning
The Internet is an essential element in 21st century life for education, business and social interaction. The school has a duty to provide students with quality Internet access as part of their learning experience. Internet use is a part of the statutory curriculum and a necessary tool for staff and pupils.
- The school Internet access will be designed expressly for pupil use and will include filtering appropriate to the age of pupils.
- Pupils will be taught what Internet use is acceptable and what is not and given clear objectives for Internet use.
- Pupils will be educated in the effective use of the Internet in research, including the skills of knowledge location, retrieval and evaluation.
- The school will ensure pupils have a good understanding of research skills and the need to avoid plagiarism and uphold copyright regulations acknowledging sources of information used.
- Pupils will be taught to be critically aware of the materials they read and shown how to validate information before accepting its accuracy.